Thursday, April 17, 2008

Welcome, Irish readers!

Welcome, Irish visitors to our blog! My experience with Ireland is limited to a couple of hours in Shannon's airport (reputedly the birthplace of Irish Coffee).

You know the public announcements person who reads stuff in the airport like "Delta 305 is arriving from Philadelphia"? Well, Shannon Airport had a woman with the sexiest voice you ever heard reading those announcements. I bet if I found her she'd have a mustache and weigh 400 pounds or something equally horrifying, but, man, what a voice.

I'd love to get back and see Ireland, the ancestral homeland of the O'Vidyarthi Clan (from way southern Ireland).

I did a little research and learned from Dave Barry that

A typical Irish town consists of several buildings, one of which is always a bar, called a "pub." Next to this there will typically be another pub, which is adjacent to several more pubs. Your larger towns may also have a place that sells food, but this is not critical.
Yeah, I need to visit there.

No comments: