Monday, April 14, 2008

The Tax Eve Show (also Mrs. Sutton's birthday)

Throw down today from 9 to noon!

Today (4/14), in addition to being Tax Eve, is also Mrs. Sutton's birthday, the number of which I will obviously not divulge here because I want to remain monastery-free. I mention this not because my wife deserves the attention, though I love her very much, but rather because of the various anniversaries on which her birthday fall.

This did cause some alarm for me before we married when I realized that this is the date that the Titanic struck the iceberg (again no comparison between my wife and self) and the date on which Abraham Lincoln was shot. You can only imagine my dismay. However, I was able to rationalize it out in true Clintonian fashion by coming to grips with the fact that the finality of both acts did not occur until April 15th.

Oh yeah, we have Terry Madonna on the show this morning to comment on last night's presidential forum in Grantham , PA at Messiah College. One of the biggest buzzes is about Obama's gaffe concerning us gun-toting, anti-immigrant, god-fearing types here in the rural wilds of PA.

Speaking of immigration,why aren't the candidates talking about it more? Mayor Lou Barletta joins me at 9:30 to offer his insights. If the president wouldn't attend the Olympic Opening Ceremonies in Beijing, wouldn't it make sense to just cancel the Olympics as far as U.S. involvement? Where do you stand? This, too, will be a matter of discussion today.

Finally, former President Jimmy Carter is going to Syria to meet with the senior leadership of Hamas. Carter has been counseled that meeting with the "foreign terrorist organization" was not in the interest of U.S. foreign policy. We'll get Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy Frank Gaffney's evaluation of the action and trip by the former president. Full menu today, and lots to comment on as well. Have a great one, and don't forget to read my post on the beginning of all problems which is obviously "walking on the right side of the hall." Enjoy! GS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After the Baez girl's death at 2yrs + 1 day I was at the Dover (Palomino Rd) Giant store today and watched a well-kept late model mini van pull into the spot next to me. As the van ROLLED to a stop the side door popped open and a 2-3 year old boy popped out. Then he ducked back in, the van repositioned itself into a TERRIBLE parking job, and the kid was hanging out the door as the van was doing this. The mother nonchalantly walked with the child into the store and was heard saying "you could get hurt real bad doing that". YA THINK??? Why wasn't that kid secured in a car seat for starters? Beyond that, I yell at my 3 year old for playing with the electric windows on the car when we are moving (even though SHE IS STRAPPED IN A CAR SEAT) but she could throw out an object that might cause something to happen behind us.

Then after I picked up said 3.9 year old daughter from school we drove down Alta Vista (parallel to 74) in Shiloh/Dover (behind Advance Auto Parts) we saw a 3.3 ft tall (approx 3 yrs old) little boy wandering the street (a 25 zone) with NO adult supervision. Last summer I saw 10 or so kids around the same age playing frequently on that road with NO adult supervision. Little itty bitty kids on tricycles in the lanes where traffic is supposed to drive, etc.

If these parents can't do anything but PRODUCE the children, we need to figure out how to teach them.

INSANITY>