Thursday, February 28, 2008

Choose: Underdog or favorite

The never-ending campaign continues, and while it's the gift that keeps on giving for us all, finding angles that keep it fresh are, well, exhausting!

Anyway, I thought that I would toss it your way in another form of a question that can apply to each of us as well as the candidates:

Would you rather be the slight favorite or the slight underdog?

Whether it's you in a competitive situation, or your observations on the present race for presidential nominations, have some fun. GS

3 comments:

The Lager Lad said...

In my day to day life, I like being the slight underdog. That's because I would rather set expectations low and rise above them, than set the bar high and fail.

That philosophy certianly won't make any sort of motivational poster, but it's served me well.

But if I was a presidential contender, I would want to be the slight favorite. You're not going anywhere without the media backing you and the media will never back a perceived loser.

Just Fred said...

Being the slight underdog can inspire those involved to give an effort above and beyond what is expected of them. A lesson I learned in coaching, by the way.

I'm not sure how that applies to politics because I don't understand politics as well, and it doesn't seem that those who claim they do understand it much better, either.

Anonymous said...

I would like to be Superman.
It has been a wish since childhood that I could fly whenever I felt like it, be invulnerable, and possess supra-strength, -sight, -hearing, -etc.

Sure hope this answers the query.

What was it again?