Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What would you ask the candidates?

Pennsylvania is about to be overrun with candidates courting our votes. If our presidential candidates walked into your favorite restaurant (like WOW Cafe & Wingery ...), what would you ask him or her?

I talked about this on Monday's show. I've got some questions based on what I read on Factcheck.org.

I'd ask Sen. Clinton about her claims of foreign policy experience. Factcheck.org writes

... Clinton did not in fact "negotiate on matters such as opening borders for refugees during the war in Kosovo." Macedonia had reopened its border to Kosovar refugees the day before Clinton’s arrival, as has been widely reported. Clinton now says that she pressed for opening the borders "much wider."

So how much "pressing" did Clinton actually do? According to her official travel schedule, Clinton was in Macedonia for less than nine hours ... [and had] a total of 30 minutes for negotiations, minus time for photos.

I'd ask Sen. McCain about his math. And I'd ask Sen. Obama for more details about his planned withdrawal from Iraq. He talks about pressing Iraq's leaders to reconcile, focusing more on diplomacy and humanitarian aid. I want to know how this will work and what his Plan B is if his plans don't work.

What would you ask?

No comments: